Welcome to the Simple Whatnots III Mystery Stitch-Along!
Here's how it works: This Mystery Stitch-Along will be released in eight parts. Throughout the Stitch-Along, clues and instructions are released periodically on the C&T Blog, leading everyone through the crafting journey.
Each clue unveils a new part of the project, like a puzzle coming together to form a beautiful picture. The mystery lies in the excitement of not having all the details revealed upfront, adding an air of intrigue and anticipation to the experience.
In the end, when all the clues are revealed, the quilt will come together like magic, leaving you with a sense of accomplishment and wonder. It's a rewarding and creative experience that keeps you on your toes and brings out the joy of crafting in a whole new way.
To get you prepared for the Mystery Stitch-Along, here is a list of materials and project notes:
In addition to standard sewing and quilt-making supplies, you’ll need:
- 1 fat quarter (18" x 21") of black print for patchwork and binding
- 24 bitty bricks (4-1/2" x 10-1/2") of assorted prints for patchwork—a mix of your favorite colors will be perfect!
- 1 bitty brick (4-1/2" x 10-1/2") of gray print or color of choice to be paired with the black print
- 1 fat eighth (9" x 21") total of assorted print scraps for patchwork (These can be gathered during the stitch along, as needed.)
- 1/2 yard total of assorted cream scraps for patchwork (you’ll need 4"-square sizes and smaller)
- 2/3 yard of print for backing• 24" x 30" rectangle of batting
- You will need a copy of Simple Whatnots III for individual block instructions for this mystery quilt.
- Page numbers referenced in each section may differ if you’re using an eBook, so project names and section titles are referenced to help you easily find the needed steps.
- For the best use of your fabrics, please save your scraps each week to use in subsequent weeks.
We hope you join in on the fun!