November 1, 2020: New Position Available
Product and Marketing Designer
If you are a graphic designer who is creative, organized, and able to work independently on a variety of concurrent projects, you could be the perfect fit for our work family!
C&T Publishing, the leading publisher of how-to quilting, sewing, and needlecraft books, has an immediate opening for a full-time Product and Marketing Designer.
The starting salary for the position is $41,000 annually, plus medical, vision and dental plans, 401K, sick days, holidays and vacation days, the ability to work remotely, and a friendly, team-oriented culture.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and link to digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.
The Marketing and Product Designer’s primary responsibility is to design products and marketing material while adhering to company brand and profitability standards. As Product designer, concept and design industry-leading products and product packaging in a timely manner, while staying on top of current industry trends. As marketing Designer, you will be an integral part of the Marketing team and partner with project owners to execute digital and print marketing and publicity within established templates.
The Marketing Designer will find ways to improve efficiency while maintaining design quality. S/he will thrive working in a self-directed manner while still being an excellent team member.
- Participate in a mode of inquiry during the development of products in order to make projects as strong as they can be
- Positively represent C&T to authors to maintain and improve C&T's brand
- Continue to find ways to improve efficiency for position while maintaining design quality
- Be able to accurately estimate the amount of time a project will take so that multiple projects can be active at the same time
- Complete all project tasks on time and communicate with team when more time is needed in order to do so
- Manage the efforts of the Marketing Design Assistant
- Execute cover designs that act as effective sales tools and keep current appeal and product content in mind using previous templates when applicable
- Designs and auditions covers and successfully makes updates that consider the requirements of the project, Executive feedback, and AU satisfaction
- Design products with direction gathered from product meetings with the product development team, slotting parameters and various acquisition notes to design products. Route product design to Executives and product team and implement updates and changes in an effective, timely manner
- Marketing collateral: design marketing projects following our brand standards. Provide direction to the photo studio for marketing collateral as needed.
- Print production design for advertisements, flyers, signage, brochures, posters, mailings, and execution of product mock-ups, Oversees: Sell sheets, catalogs
- Digital production design for web and social media ads both static and motion graphics, back-end BigCommerce administration including image sizing, carousel and banner production
- Maintain current cover and marketing images for marketing access up until projects go to press
- Attend meetings: (Product Development, Product kickoffs, Production and Marketing)Attend weekly S&M meetings and all meetings as requested by Marketing Manager (to be part of discussions pertaining to current and future sales and marketing materials)
- Expert skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Intermediate design knowledge for print and web, including HTML (min 2 years experience)
- BA in graphic design or similar field
- Social media experience (posting pictures, knowing what’s post-worthy; knowledgeable about current social media trends)
Knowledge and skills
- Macintosh work environment
- Google Workplace
- 4/c design and prepress skills
- Willing and able to contribute ideas and solutions to every project
- Ability to handle multiple jobs simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility to roll with changing priorities and shifting/tight deadlines is a must
- Experience with FileMakerand Asana a plus
- Experience working in a marketing team
- Photography skills
- Sense of humor
- Willingness to ask questions