Editorial Assistant (Remote)
C&T Publishing is the leading independent publisher focusing on how-to craft and creativity books. We are seeking an Editorial Assistant to join our team. This role is an excellent opportunity for an energetic, organized self-starter. The position will work most closely with our small remote creative group, including four editors and a product development manager.
This is a full-time remote position. The salary is $15 per hour plus medical, vision, and dental plans; 401K; sick days, holidays, vacation days and professional development and volunteer time; the ability to work remotely; and a friendly, team-oriented culture.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Gailen Runge at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.
* Setting books and products up in our system, completing book-specific forms and creating folders on Google drives
* Creating and and maintain book and product schedules
* Managing contracts, including routing contracts through Docusign and filing
* Managing permissions for all books and products
* Finding and contracting with freelance editors, proofreaders, illustrators, photographers, designers, voice over artists, and translators
* Applying for CIP/LCCN and Copyright registration for all books
* Performing file management tasks including archiving book files
* Updating and maintaining author and team resources, including manufacturers and suppliers contacts
* Performing competitive and trend research
* Assisting in preparing manuscripts using repurposed content
* Creating and distributing contact sheets
* Routing invoices for processing and payment
* Receiving all generic acquisitions queries over phone and email
* Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience/education. Publishing experience is a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Superb organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
* Ability to work independently and collaborate with the team when needed
* Proactive in reaching out for direction, tasks, and guidance
* Tech savvy and proficiency with Google Workspace preferred
* Experience with task management programs and Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
* Positive attitude, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor
C&T Publishing is an equal opportunity employer and we value the wealth of perspectives that diversity brings to our organization.
Learn more about C&T Publishing