Rayna Gillman –– No such thing as a mistake! • Create one-of-a-kind quilts with free-form cutting and piecing • Discover how to spontaneously combine your own original units and design as you go! •...
Find and Develop the Artist Within You
• Spectacular, artful quilts are within your reach
• Create a group of identical blocks, then trim and join them to create optical excitement
• Lorraine does the math for you with easy-to-follow cutting tables
• Lots of tips for successful cutting and piecing
• BONUS multi-view tool included
If you're ready to take the plunge into artistic quilting, you'll love Lorraine's shift, trim, and sew approach. Select from a variety of contemporary block designs, sew a stack of them, then trim each to create variations. Once joined, the blocks form stunning visual effects. No-waste approach uses trimmed sections in borders. Use this technique with your own block designs too, or even a traditional block-the possibilities are endless.
8.5 x 11