Susan Delaney Mech M.D. ––
Research confirms that simple sewing tasks lower your heart rate and blood pressure. Quilting and other stitching activities offer relaxation, calming rhythms, and healthy benefits. "Rx for Quilters" is just what the doctor ordered!
• Gentle, encouraging health advice from a quilter who is also an M.D.
• How to care for your body so your stitching life can be comfortable and pain-free
• Avoid common injuries to your hands, wrists, neck, shoulders, and back
• Improve fitness and manage weight with real-world tips for healthy eating and simple daily exercise
• Maximize quilting time in a life busy with obligations to family, friends, employers, and yourself
• Learn how hormonal shifts, pregnancy, aging, and personal injury or illness affect your stitching
• Customize your work area at home, workshops, and retreats
National Health Information Gold Award Winner
112p b&w PDF