Craft publisher C&T launches its youthful, funky new imprint with this volume, and accessible introduction to sewing with a sewing machine. Haxell (Stitched Toys) takes readers through all the basics of sewing, from selecting the right machine to identifying its parts to basic stitching. It's surprising that the projects don't take a more teen or YA-friendly approach to go with the rest of the book's presentation, which is very accessible to younger crafters. Though Creative Publishing's Singer-branded sewing books are still tops in this category, this is a nice quickie introduction for novices.
Kate Haxell ––
• Complete instructions for tried and true techniques, from the basic set-up to the finishing touches
• Learn everything you need to know (but might be afraid to ask) to sew exactly what you want
• Includes an illustrated guide to how a sewing machine works with troubleshooting tips
• Advice on the accessories you need to achieve the results you want
• 7 chic projects to make for yourself and your home
This classy and clever book has everything a beginner needs, plus it's an essential reference guide for even the most experienced sewers. Learn how to make different kinds of seams, hems, fasteners and bindings, as well as when and why to use each kind. Find your perfect signature style with finishing techniques like ruffles, pleats, ribbons and appliqué.
* C&T cannot ship this title outside of North America.
8.25 x 10.25
|Related Blog Posts|
The link will open in a new tab or window.