Add beautiful, unique batiks to your next quilt!
The age-old technique of batik produces up-to-the-minute style. Jan Smiley sets off dramatic batiks with traditional patterns for delightful quilts such as Salt Water Taffy, Malaysian Marketplace, and Cosmic Carousel. Discover what makes batiks so special, and then start planning your own batik quilt creation!
• 8 quilt projects mix batiks and commercial fabrics with simple piecing, paper piecing, or appliqué
• Tips and advice for making the best use of batiks in your quilts
• Learn to batik your own fabric at home with Jan’s easy techniques
• Plus a gallery of vibrant batik quilts, along with construction diagrams to inspire you
* Important Notes About PRINT ON DEMAND Editions
ALL SALES ARE FINAL: PODs are non-returnable and non-refundable. This title will be printed after purchase
and will arrive separately from any in-stock items. Allow minimum 2 weeks for U.S. delivery; add additional
2 weeks for international shipments. Expedited shipping not available.
PRINT QUALITY WILL VARY FROM ORIGINAL EDITION: PODs are printed on uncoated (non-glossy) paper and
the color may appear more saturated. Information presented is the same as the most recent printed edition.
Pattern pullouts (if applicable) have been separated and presented as single pages.
print on demand edition
8.5 x 11