North and South, black and white - the story of the War Between the States is embedded in the soul of every American. In her second book on quilts and the Civil War, Barbara Brackman introduces 9 women who lived during those turbulent times, matching each woman to a quilt that she might have made herself.
• 9 projects adapted from period quilts, with patterns and instructions
• Excellent reference book for Civil War re-enactors; offers creative activities related to each woman's story
• Fascinating information about 9 real-life American women and their experiences during the Civil War, from abolitionist speaker Lucy Stone to freed slave Susie Taylor King to Confederate spy Belle Edmondson
• Make a reproduction quilt and forge a personal link to the women of the Civil War!
* Important Notes About PRINT ON DEMAND Editions
ALL SALES ARE FINAL: PODs are non-returnable and non-refundable. This title will be printed after purchase
and will arrive separately from any in-stock items. Allow minimum 2 weeks for U.S. delivery; add additional
2 weeks for international shipments. Expedited shipping not available.
PRINT QUALITY WILL VARY FROM ORIGINAL EDITION: PODs are printed on uncoated (non-glossy) paper and
the color may appear more saturated. Information presented is the same as the most recent printed edition.
Pattern pullouts (if applicable) have been separated and presented as single pages.
print on demand edition
8.5 x 11