Color Play, Second Edition
Joen Wolfrom –– New and improved! The essential guide to the art of color Color. It has the power to set a mood, make a statement, bring a design vividly to life. Now Joen Wolfrom’s classic guide to...
Joen Wolfrom ––
Bring more beauty and balance to your quilt designs
• Everything you need to know about the essentials of good design from an internationally reknowned expert
• Learn about the key elements of design and how to apply strategies for success
• Practice what you've learned with exercises at the end of each chapter
• An inspiring gallery illustrates design concepts by many prominent quilters and artists - including Alex Anderson, Paula Nadelstern, and Ricky Tims - with over 150 images showcasing all styles of quilts and fabric art, from traditional to modern
This is the design textbook for quilters. Joen presents the eight elements of design: line, direction, shape, color, value, texture, proportion, and scale. You'll learn how to work with these elements using many guiding design principles, such as unity and balance. Whether you consider yourself to be a quilter, an artist, or a crafter, you can improve your design skills by exploring Joen's fresh, innovative approach.
* Important Notes About PRINT ON DEMAND Editions
ALL SALES ARE FINAL: PODs are non-returnable and non-refundable. This title will be printed after purchase
and will arrive separately from any in-stock items. Allow minimum 2 weeks for U.S. delivery; add additional
2 weeks for international shipments. Expedited shipping not available.
PRINT QUALITY WILL VARY FROM ORIGINAL EDITION: PODs are printed on uncoated (non-glossy) paper and
the color may appear more saturated. Information presented is the same as the most recent printed edition.
Pattern pullouts (if applicable) have been separated and presented as single pages.
8.5 x 11
Sherrill Kahn –– Create fascinating surfaces with fabric and paper Create along with mixed-media master Sherrill Kahn as she shows you dozens of ways to make luminous textures and...
Victoria Findlay Wolfe ––Knock their socks off!Grow your cache of quilter's tricks with 5 awe-inspiring patchwork techniques that are easier than they appear. Learn a new piecing trick in...
Betty Ford-Smith –– Piecing the past with pinecone quilts Pinecone quilts, also known as Pine Burr, are made with folded triangles sewn side-by-side onto a foundation in concentric...
Daisy Aschehoug –– Quilted curves come your way! You'll learn how exciting (and easy) it is to sew curves in your patchwork projects. Quilting with Curves has 20 geometric-patterned...