Ruth B. McDowell ––
The Master Piecer Teaches You to Design Unforgettable Art Quilts
• Transform images from nature or your own imagination into multifaceted works of art
• Detailed design exercises, plus illustrated discussions on every step of the design process
• Stunning photos of previously unpublished quilts
• Essential companion to the piecing techniques in Ruth B. McDowell's Piecing Workshop
If you've mastered the basics of quilting and you're ready to create your own quilt designs, this book is full of techniques and insights that will take you far, far beyond the ordinary. Everything you need to know about pieced design is here: working with focus, depth of field, and scale; using geometry to adapt your images into quilt blocks; and moving from sketches to pieced block diagrams. You'll also learn to select the right fabrics for your quilt, how and when to use borders, and suggestions on teaching Ruth's method.
2008 Bronze Medalist Independent Publisher Book Awards
2007 USA Best Book Awards Finalist
* Important Notes About PRINT ON DEMAND Editions
ALL SALES ARE FINAL: PODs are non-returnable and non-refundable. This title will be printed after purchase
and will arrive separately from any in-stock items. Allow minimum 2 weeks for U.S. delivery; add additional
2 weeks for international shipments. Expedited shipping not available.
PRINT QUALITY WILL VARY FROM ORIGINAL EDITION: PODs are printed on uncoated (non-glossy) paper and
the color may appear more saturated. Information presented is the same as the most recent printed edition.
Pattern pullouts (if applicable) have been separated and presented as single pages.
print on demand edition
8.5 x 11