Simple Wrap Scarf
Make a fabulous and fun scarf that'll travel with you wherever you go. It's ready when you are! What's most exciting about this scarf is that no matter what your sewing skill level is - you CAN make it! The instructions are super basic, so if you haven't sewn before, you can practice things like: matching seams, clipping corners, and topstitching. Just like the scarf shown on page 84 of Modern Prairie Sewing, all of you will walk away with a scarf that's perfect for you!
Approximately 1 hour for experienced sewers - from beginning to end
Approximately 2 hours for just-learning sewers - from beginning to end
One class will do it!
Class Supply List
- Required: Modern Prairie Sewing: 20 Handmade Projects for You & Your Friends
- 5/8 yard of a quilting weight cotton print, cotton voile, cotton rayon, or cotton velveteen
- 5/8 yard of contrasting/coordinating/matching quilting weight cotton print, cotton voile, cotton rayon, or cotton velveteen to compliment fabric A
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Contrasting/coordinating/matching thread
- Seam ripper (always a good idea)
- Straight sewing pins
TIP: This is a great time to help the class participants pick and choose from your fabulous collections of designer fabrics! Help them with their thread choices too. Find out if they want their top stitching to stand out and help them choose a thread that works and bonds with their fabric choices! You can also put together kits of two complimentary 5/8 yard cuts for your class participants to choose from.
Every seamstress will need their own sewing machine and a common cutting and pressing station. And themselves - to try on and show off their latest bit of creative fun!
Follow the instructions on page 85 in Chapter 3: Style, of Modern Prairie Sewing to show them how to:
- choose two complimentary fabrics
- sew right sides together
- clip corners
- turn right side out