Jennifer Chiaverini –– Make the quilt the women of Elm Creek Valley made to support their Civil War soldiers Inspired by Jennifer Chiaverini’s best-selling novel, The Union...
Did Quilts Really Lead the Way to Freedom?
• What role did quilts play? Barbara explores the stories surrounding the Underground Railroad
• Read about the people who were there! First-person accounts, newspaper and military records, and surviving quilts all add clues
• YOU decide how to interpret the stories and history, fabrication and facts as you learn about this fascinating time in history
• Excellent resource for elementary through high school learners - curriculum included!
Recall an unforgettable phase of our nation's history with America's leading quilt historian. Barbara Brackman presents the most current research on the role of quilts during the time of slavery, emancipation, and the Underground Railroad. Nine quilt projects combine historic blocks with Barbara's own designs.
* Important Notes About PRINT ON DEMAND Editions
ALL SALES ARE FINAL: PODs are non-returnable and non-refundable. This title will be printed after purchase
and will arrive separately from any in-stock items. Allow minimum 2 weeks for U.S. delivery; add additional
2 weeks for international shipments. Expedited shipping not available.
PRINT QUALITY WILL VARY FROM ORIGINAL EDITION: PODs are printed on uncoated (non-glossy) paper and
the color may appear more saturated. Information presented is the same as the most recent printed edition.
Pattern pullouts (if applicable) have been separated and presented as single pages.
print on demand edition
8.5 x 11