- A fun appliqué design with a touch of appliquéd patches and a bit of embellishment.
- A small quilt project for anyone from expert to the beginner with a lot of sewing experience.
Class Length: 2 - 3 hour classes
A 3-hour class will get students started with the basic skills and have much of the appliqué finished depending on experience. Discuss the various touches of embellishments throughout the book. Second 3-hour class can cover borders, quilting and binding as well as answer any appliqué questions from any homework completed.
- Required text: Carol Armstrong’s Patches and Posies by Carol Armstrong
- Reference the supply list on page 51
- Cutting and pressing stations
- Lightboxes to share
Class Outline - Refer to the book for page numbers as noted
- Begin with the basic explanation of lightbox appliqué (page 7 & 9)
- Discuss various embellishments that can be chosen for this project.
- Appliqué the design.
- Add the border, quilt and bind.