Happy National Embroidery Month! During the month of February, we will be bringing you embroidery tutorials each week.
The content below is from 10 Easy Stitches by Alicia Burstein -- learn how stitch adorable flowers on your collar and cuffs! Plus, scroll to the bottom of the post to enter our giveaway for a chance to win a free eBook copy.
Collar and Cuffs Pattern
Stitch pretty little flowers on your collar and cuffs to sweeten up a classic shirt or blouse.
What you need:
Silk thread (optional)
How you do it:
1. Place the pattern (download below) onto the collar and cuffs of the shirt.
2. Stitch the pattern.
3. Wash, dry, and show it off!
Tips and Tricks
- For the sample, I used Kreinik Silk Mori Milkpaint thread to add a level of shine and lushness. I used satin stitches and stem stitches for the vines and decided to use lazy daisies for the pink flowers, but a satin stitch would also look great.
- This is a very straightforward project, so try experimenting with new stitches, color stories, and image sizes. I used silk thread and lots of satin stitching for a shiny, rich look.
- Keep the back of your stitching on the collar very clean, as it may be visible.
- Collars and cuffs tend to be double layered, so hide the ends between the two layers of fabric.
Giveaway now closed.