Gather all your stashed, hoarded, and handed-down bits and pieces, and create a new and unique piece from the ideas, projects, and techniques covered in this new book by popular author, Christen Brown.
The book includes innovative uses for all kinds of embellishments - like lace, vintage linens and hankies, trims and ribbons, buttons of all sorts, and vintage notions, in examples that range from feminine to whimsical, functional to frivolous, and old school to contemporary.
- What is in Your Stash?: A guide to the items you may have, and how to use them
- Treasure Hunting: Where to find the good stuff, on-line resources etc
- Altering the Past: How to dye, cut, trim, and create new embellishments from your gathered bits
- Embroidery and Embellishment Stitches: 100+ stitches
- Stitching Creatively: Embroidery Sketchbook, where and how to stitch
- Projects by Design: 3 step-by-step projects
- Stash Projects: 17 project ideas
- Sewing Basics
- Gallery and More Inspiration
Free ebook give-away!
Today, C&T is the host of the promotional tour. Tell us about a few of your treasured stash items in the comment section below to win an ebook copy of Creative Embroidery, Mixing the Old with the New. We will announce the winner on this post on Monday, March 27, so make sure to check back in!
Please check out the other participants for a chance to win on their blog or Facebook page.
March 20, 2023: C&T Publishing Blog (You are here!)
March 21, 2023: Create Whimsy, Facebook
March 22, 2023: Kitty and Me Designs
March 23, 2023: Epida Studio
March 24, 2023: Sew Crazy For You
March 25, 2023: Christen’s Creations
Good luck and Happy Stitching!
Christen Brown teaches embroidery, quilting, crazy quilting, ribbonwork, mixed media, and beadwork in her best-selling books. With a degree in fashion design, she has shown her work in galleries and fashion shows internationally. She lives in Escondido, California. christenbrown.com