If you have ever wanted to try crazy quilting, this is the book for you. It is full of great techniques and ways to utilize your stash and embellishments. Aller walks you through seven different projects from concept to completion. If ever you were thinking of trying some mixed media projects, but were afraid of the outcome, here is your opportunity to give it a try. There is a strong mix of traditional and current trends in this book. The author leaves a lot of room for personal taste and preferences. As a how-to book for this technique, it is great.
Allie Aller's Crazy Quilting
Modern Piecing & Embellishing Techniques for Joyful Stitching
Allie Aller ––
Welcome to the "new" crazy!
• Jump into crazy quilting with seven enticing projects that include small quilts, a needle cushion, and a softie
• Learn four different crazy piecing methods
• Try creative techniques on fabric, such as stenciling, photo-transfer, and Angelina fiber effects
• Discover how to add beauty and dimension to your work with embellishments like 3-D ribbon flowers, embroidery, beads, and painted lace
• Follow along with a step-by-step photo guide that takes you from cutting to piecing to binding
Allie shows you how to make crazy quilting more contemporary with an array of easy-to-master techniques. You'll learn how to combine traditional methods with modern fabric tricks. The photo gallery reveals just how fun crazy quilting can be -and anyone can do it.
8.5 x 11