by Annabel Wrigley
Olive Owl Softie
There is nothing like a cute owl softie to make your day a little brighter. Olive will be perfectly happy perched on your bed or on a cozy shelf. Hoot Hoot!
This class is designed for children (and the young at heart!) aged from 8 and up. The students need a basic understanding of how to use a sewing machine and be able to sew in a straight line. Children will learn how to cut out a pattern, make fabric choices, sew on a button and will get a chance to try their hand and basic hand sewing. This is a fun project allowing the children to use their own creativity and personality in the fabric and felt choices. The best part...the students will each head home with their very own owl friend!
This project would work well in a 2.5 hour class for more experienced girls and would include cutting their own patterns and fabric or 2 x 1 hour classes for those beginner students with all pieces pre cut.
Class Supply List
- Required text: We Love to Sew by Annabel Wrigley
- 1/2 yard of quilting cotton
- Scrap of quilting cotton at least 7" x 7" for the wings
- Felt scraps in different colors for the eyes, wings, beak, feathers and feet!
- 2 cute and fun large buttons (they don't need to match)
- Fusible web
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Basic supplies from page 12 and 14 of the book
Each student will need a sewing machine and access to an ironing board.
Follow the instructions on page 142 -147 to show you how to
- Cut out and use pattern pieces
- Use fusible web
- Sew on buttons
- Use the sewing machine to sew with the edge of the foot on the edge of the fabric
- Get creative with fabric choices
- Stuff your softie
Go ahead, give your masterpiece a good cuddle.......