Sweet Little Deer Pillow
This adorable pillow project will get you in the holiday spirit. Make some for the holidays or change up your fabric and make one (or many) for any time of the year!
- This is a project for confident beginners.
- The kids will learn to sew straight lines, to turn corners, and to sew close to the edge of the deer appliqué.
- The students will take home a finished pillow with or without a pillow form.
- Children can express their personalities with fabric and felt choices.
Approximately 1.5 hours with children who have sewing machine experience.
Class Supply List:
- A copy of We Love to Craft - Christmas
- ¾ yards of fun holiday print decorator-weight fabric (you can also use quilting-weight fabric)
- 15˝ x 16˝ piece of fusible web
- 15˝ x 15˝ piece of wool felt
- 20˝ x 20˝ pillow form
- Erasable pen
- Basic sewing supplies
Each student should have a sewing station with a machine and an iron nearby.
1.Trace deer design onto fusible web.
2. Cut pillow pieces
3. Iron fusible web to wool felt and then cut out deer shape.
4. Iron wool felt to pillow front piece.
5. Sew around the deer
6. Iron hems on back pillow pieces
7. Sew hems on back pillow pieces
8. Pin front and back pieces together.
9. Sew front and back pieces together
10. Trim the corners.
11. Turn pillow right side out and insert pillow form.