From StyleHacking by Karoline Dahrling Hughes
- Beginner level is required to take this class
-In class they will learn to trace a pair of trousers to make a new pair of trousers
- Finished product – a pair of trousers
- The best part about this class is the joy of quick and easy making
This class should take 2-3 hours.
Class Supply List
- StyleHacking by Karoline Dahrling Hughes.
- Fabric enough for trousers – depending on size and width of fabric approx 1-2 yards.
- Elastic band for waist.
- Sewing kit.
- A pair of trousers to measure from.
- A roll of paper or cardstock.
- Paper scissors.
Every student must have space enough to mark around a pair of trousers.
- Find a pair of trousers that are loose fitting, or the trousers you make from templates will be too tight.
- Place the trousers templates on top of the fabric. Mark and cut on the markings to make 2 front pieces and 2 back pieces as seen on “How to Make a Trousers Template” on page 44.
- Finish the cut edges with a zigzag stitch or serge them so they do not fray.
- Sew the pieces together with a straight stitch as seen on “Sewing Trousers and Leggings” on page 50.
- Finish the leg openings with the sewing techniques on page 18.
- Finish the waist opening with a casing for an elastic band on page 28.