Bee and Flower Mini Hoop Pendant
Turn tiny stitching into wearable art
From Doodle Stitching: One-Hour Embroidery
by Aimee Ray
Embroider a tiny bee and flower to frame in a miniature hoop. It can be worn as a pendant.
This class is a fun introduction to hand embroidery, suitable for beginners age 11 and up, class size: up to 15 people.
• Required text: Doodle Stitching: One-Hour Embroidery • 6x6 inch square of white quilter’s cotton/muslin fabric
• 4 inch embroidery hoop
• Size 3 or 5 embroidery needle
• 5 embroidery floss skeins in different colors
• Lead pencil or transferring method
• 1.5 inch wooden hoop frame
• 1/8 inch ribbon
• Watercolor paint to tint the wood frame (optional)
TIP: Make it even easier for students to take the class by kitting a hoop, mini hoop frame, floss selection and needle
Chair and table space for each student
Follow the instructions beginning on page 31 to demonstrate how to:
1. Trace or transfer the bee and flower design onto fabric
2. Learn and practice basic embroidery stitches to embroider the design
3. Frame the embroidery in the mini hoop, add a ribbon for a pendant.