From Cultural Fusion Quilts by Sujata Shah
Make a quilt that is so fast and fun, you would want to make more than just one. This quilt is perfect for beginning to an experienced quilter. Learn to cut and sew curves with template-free technique to make each block different from the next. Students will complete the quilt top to finish at home.
Two - 3 hours sessions for covering the basic technique and create the quilt top.
- Required text – Cultural Fusion Quilts book
- Basic sewing and rotary cutting Supplies
- Olfa rotating mat (Optional)
- 6 1/2'' square Creative Grids ruler
- 1/4 yard each of 16 assorted solids
Make a kit of pre-cut 8'' squares from 16 -1/4 yards of assorted solids of contrasting value.
Offer a machine quilting class in addition to this class to finish the project.
Each student needs a sewing machine and individual cutting space. Common ironing stations for pressing the blocks and quilts.
Follow the instructions on page 48 to demo how to:
1. Prepare the fabrics for the blocks
2. Cut the blocks
3. Chain piece the blocks
4. Trim the blocks
5. Assemble the quilt top
6. End the class with the instructions for finishing the quilt.