by Carol Armstrong
- Pick your favorite pooch from the book and learn light box appliqué and the creation of eyes.
- A great subject to pull some of those patchwork folks into appliqué.
- There are lots of things to learn and a series of classes may be good for beginners.
Class Length: Two 3-hour classes
First 3 hour class to instruct students in light-box appliqué and the painting of eyes. Second 3 hour class can cover borders, quilting and bindings. This class could also answer student questions.
- Required text: Best in Show – 24 Appliqué Quilts for Dog Lovers by Carol Armstrong
- Reference the supply list of the desired project.
- Select fabrics with lots of texture and tone on tone prints.
- Cutting and pressing stations
- Light boxes to share
Class Outline - Refer to the book for page numbers as noted
- Begin with the basic explanation of light box appliqué (page 9)
- Appliqué the selected design.
- Add any embroidered details if desired.
- Paint the eyes and attach.
- Add the border, quilt and bind.