by Carol Doak
An introduction to paper foundation piecing that’s perfect for beginners. Learn to paper piece easily and come away with a card to send. You will love the precision and your card, too!
Class Supply List
- 50 Little Paper-Pieced Blocks by Carol Doak
- Carol Doak Keepsake Frame Cards
- Photocopy of Heart 1 (p 26) on Carol Doak Foundation Paper
- Precut and labeled fabric pieces with their location numbers listed for block (p 26)
- 6" Add-A-Quarter ruler, rotary cutter, small mat
- Flat-headed pins, thread
- Sewing machine with 90/14 needle
TIPS: Kit the book, fabric, cards, paper, and the Add-A-Quarter ruler to make it really easy for students to sign up. You can select any block in the book to make it appropriate for the season.This would also be a good mother and daughter class during school vacation months.You could also make it 6-hour class and have students make several blocks.
Table and power for each student's sewing machine, cutting and ironing stations
- Organize work area (set up machine, gather fabrics and place in numerical order)
- Paper piece the block (p 15-18)
- Trim and position block inside the Keepsake Card and admire the perfect block!
- Have other paper piecing books available for students to see what else they can make using the precision of paper piecing
- Suggest nine blocks joined to make a small quilt