- Foolproof Crazy-Quilt Projects
- 1 piece of felted
wool 7 1/2" x 7 1/2"
- 1 piece of lining
fabric 7 1/2" x 7 1/2"
- 1 piece of non-woven
stabilizer 7 1/2" x 7 1/2"
- 2" piece of 7mm ribbon
- Assorted 4mm and
7mm silk ribbons
- Assorted Perle #8
and # 12 threads
- Assorted stranded
- Chenille #22 needle
- Milliner’s #9
- Small button
includes ¼" seam allowance.
1. Fuse the stabilizer to the wrong side of the wool
2. Fold the felt into the shape of an envelope and press
3. These pressed lines form the perimeter for the
important to remember the ¼" seam allowance.
4. Follow the stitch maps from Foolproof Crazy-Quilt Projects to complete the embroidery.
4.1 Top Left-Hand Corner - Seam Treatment X - page 38
4.2 Top Right-Hand Corner - Seam Treatment J - page 34
4.3 Bottom Left-Hand Corner - Lid Piece 5 - page 69
4.4 Bottom Right-Hand Corner - Seam Treatment B - page 14
4.5 Center - Seam Treatment A - page 68
5. Baste the 2" ribbon to the top corner of the
embroidered square to form the button loop.
6. Put the outer panel on the lining piece with right
7. Pin and sew the panels together, leaving a small
opening for turning.
8. Turn the panels right side out. Gently push out the
seams and press.
9. Fold the completed panels into an envelope shape and
10. Slip stitch the two front seams closed.
11. Feather stitch along the stitched seams and the top
12. Attach the button to the front in line with the button
Follow my blog with Bloglovin