Jessica Levitt ––
Go bold with big blocks
Indulge in your favorite hue (or two!) with fabric designer Jessica Levitt. Bright and bold quilt blocks pair same-color prints with strong solids for depth and lots of personality. Stitch random-width strips to a muslin base for a planned approach to improv. Giant-size blocks join together like a fun puzzle, forming a graphic secondary pattern when you piece the quilt top!
• Big blocks from bold solids and prints
• Foundation piecing is fun and easy on muslin fabric
• Tips from fabric designer and modern quilter Jessica Levitt
• For quilters of all skill levels
Yardage is based on 42˝-wide fabric, unless otherwise noted. The fabrics listed are for a twin-size quilt.
- 12 prints: 5/8 yard each (analogous colors for blocks) or plenty of scraps from your stash (some must be 20˝–25˝ long)
- Solid 1: 17/8 yards for block contrast stripe
- Solid 2: 1 yard for block contrast strips and triangles
- Muslin: 6 yards (36˝–40˝ wide)
- Binding: 5/8 yard for straight-grain or 7/8 yard for bias binding
- Backing: 61/4 yards
- Batting: 77˝ × 111˝
Related Blog Posts
The link will open in a new tab or window.
Customers Also Viewed
Amy Walsh & Janine Burke –– Use the fabrics you love - finish every quilt you start • New ideas for creating color-splashed quilts with modern panache • Designs look more...MSRP:Was:Now: $23.95