We’re thrilled to announce that Kirsten Fisher’s Virtual Book Tour starts tomorrow!
Create stunning display-worthy round fabric bowls with ease! While you can whip up the projects on your sewing machine for a fast, easy home decor project, you can also enjoy the tranquility of hand-sewing artisan bowls.
“Several years ago, I took a class with Judith Doenias on how to draw your own star pattern for a quilt block. I made a block with three stars in it and sat looking at it for some time. At that time, I had just started to make square fabric bowls with interior designs based on quilt blocks. So I decided to make the jump to a round bowl so that I could fit my star design into it. After working on bowls with star designs, I realized that the round shape lends itself to making bowls based on flowers, and all kinds of designs began to emerge to create this book.”
—Kirsten Fisher, author of Round Fabric Art Bowls.
For Kirsten’s Virtual Book Tour, many of the contributors, plus some quilting friends, agreed to join in and help celebrate the release of Round Fabric Art Bowls! Follow along to learn more about the projects of the book and read candid reviews. The full schedule is below.
- Monday, August 14th - Kick-off post on the C&T Blog
- Tuesday, August 15th - Maria Shell: Instagram
- Wednesday, August 16th - Create Whimsy: Author Spotlight
- Thursday, August 17th - Bonnie Hunter: Quiltville
- Friday, August 18th - Daisy Aschehoug: WarmFolk
- Monday, August 21st - Sarah Ruiz: Saroy
- Tuesday, August 22nd - Teri Lucas: TerifiCreations (YouTube Interview)
- Wednesday, August 23rd - Lee Chappell Monroe: May Chappell
Win a free ebook copy!
With some stops on Instagram, blogs, and one on YouTube, you’ll have multiple opportunities to win an ebook copy of Round Fabric Art Bowls by interacting with the posts!
See you on the tour!
Shop Round Fabric Art Bowls at C&T Publishing.
Kirsten Fisher has taught quilting and bowl-making for over ten years. She is a member and former co-president of The Brooklyn Quilters Guild and a member of The Textile Study Group of New York. She works and lives in Brooklyn, NY. kirstenfisher.net