Here’s a great project out of 100+ No-Sew Fabric Crafts for Kids by Mary Link, perfect for the holiday break! Make a zany zoo or a dinosaur park for a dresser top. These creatures come with slotted parts that slide together, so the critters can really come to life and stand on their own.
(for 1 small zoo of animals)
All patterns for this chapter can be downloaded here. Use a copy machine to enlarge the patterns 125%.
1. Trace the patterns onto the fast2fuse and cut them out.
2. Fuse fabric to both sides of each piece and cut. Trim the edges.
3. Mark the slot lines and cut each slot wide enough for the animal parts to slide smoothly together.
4. Use a paper punch or a marker to make the eyes.
5. If desired, dab glue onto the slot points to permanently hold the pieces together.
6. Add optional yarn details, such as tails and manes.
• Send a dinosaur as a card. Use a fat quarter for each dinosaur.
• Design and make farm animals.
• Make an animal mobile.