Enjoy this free Tea Cozy project from Sew Home in the Kitchen!
Finished Size 10” x 14”
What You’ll Need
3/8 yard of cotton fabric for outside
3/8 yard of cotton fabric for lining and loop
1 package or 3/8 yard of Insul-Fleece
Make the Pattern
Outside fabric: Cut 2 rectangles 15˝ × 101/2˝. Fold in half and use the corner pattern to trim the top corners.
Cut 2 rectangles 15˝ × 101/2˝. Fold in half and use the corner pattern to trim the top corners.
Cut 1 rectangle 11/2˝ × 3˝ for the loop.
Insul-Fleece: Cut 2 rectangles 15˝ × 101/2˝. Fold in half and use the corner pattern to trim the top corners.
Seam allowances are 1/4˝ unless otherwise noted.
1. Fold the loop rectangle’s long sides in to meet each other. Fold over again and topstitch down the 3˝ side. Fold and press the loop to make the shape of a U.
2. Fold one outside cozy piece in half and mark the center of the top edge. Pin the loop at the center top, matching the raw edges.
3. Pin both cozy pieces right sides together; then pin to an Insul-Fleece piece. Pin the second Insul-Fleece piece to the other side, keeping the fabric in the middle. Sew around the sides and top, leaving the flat bottom open. Clip the curves and press the seam to one side. Keep inside out.
Place outside pieces right sides together,
with Insul-Fleece on outside; sew curve.
4. Repeat Step 3 with the lining pieces only and turn right side out.
5. Right sides together, place the lining into the outside of the cozy, matching the side seams and nesting the seam allowances. Sew around the bottom, leaving a 3˝ opening in one side. Turn right side out through the opening and push the lining up into the outside cozy. Slipstitch the opening closed and press the bottom edge. Press and topstitch around the bottom, 1/8˝ from the edge.
Sew around bottom.