by Jill Hamor
- This class is perfect for any skill level, including beginners
- Learn how to make a stuffed toy bunny using knit fabric
- Each participant will leave class with a completed stuffed toy rabbit
- A sweet, soft and cuddly bunny, perfect for boys or girls of all ages - you'll want to sew up a whole herd!
This class should take approximately 3 to 4 hours, including time to trace the pattern from the book.
Class Supply List
Required text: Storybook Toys by Jill Hamor
1/4 yard of brown Minky or cotton velour fabric
1/4 yard of cream Minky or cotton velour fabric
Embroidery floss (pink, black, and white)
Black wool felt scraps for eyes
Optional: ribbon trim (approximately 2/3 yard 3/4" wide) for bow
Optional: 1/2 yard of lightweight fusible interfacing (suggested if using cotton velour)
Sewing machine needle (for use with knit fabric)
Freezer paper (for tracing patterns)
Pen for tracing
Hand sewing needle
- Sewing machine for each class participant
- Cutting and ironing stations
Class participants will make Cottontail (the bunny) from the book
- Use freezer paper to trace pattern pieces.
- Iron and cut fabric pieces from Minky or other knit fabric.
- Demonstrate sewing with knits techniques. Practice on scraps of fabric.
- Sew and stuff bunny toy.
- Demonstrate finishing techniques, such and the ladder-stitch and appliquéing the eyes.