All Stitched Up!
Framed Owl Art
From Stitched Paper Art for Kids by Alison Benyon
Wow everyone who steps into your home with this fabulous stitched paper owl art.
In this simple, easy and fun project, suitable for beginners to intermediates, you will use an owl pattern to create a unique and stunning piece of art. You will take home a completed project, all ready to frame as shown on page xx
You will learn how to thread and use a sewing machine with confidence and use patterns
1 ½ hours. If the students are already familiar with information from “Just the Basics” chapter pages 7-13
3 hours if you’ll be teaching these basics in class.
Class Supply List
Required text: Stitched Paper Art for Kids by Alison Benyon
- 2Heavy plain white card stock. Cut one piece 8x10” and cut a second piece 7 ½” x 9 ½ “
- 4 – 5 sheets of patterned paper
- 2 x buttons about ½” wide
- Glue Stick
- Various threads including one spool of white thread
- Owl pattern - page xx
- White picture frame 8x10”
Each student needs a sewingmachine: set out a few tables for cutting and pasting too.
Follow the instructions on page 112 -115 to demonstrate how to:
1. Trace and cut around the owl.
2. Sew around the owl
3. Sew a border around the owl
4. Add the buttons