- I'M A RETAILER
- Class Plans
- One-Block Wonders Cubed! Class Plan
One-Block Wonders Cubed! Class Plan
by Maxine Rosenthal & Joy Pelzmann
Fast and Furious: Cubes (and Beyond)
- This project is perfect for any level quilter
- Learn how to construct a hollow cube, how to stretch it and add other cubes or parts of cubes around it
- The ability to construct all the different cubes (hollow and otherwise)
- This will add depth and excitement to your One Block Wonder quilts. These are geometric and bold, and fun to create.
Class Length: Full day class
Helpful if the student already knows about hexagons and cubes
- A sewing machine for each student
- Cutting and pressing stations
- Design wall, so that you can view your work from afar.
Class Outline - Refer to the book for page numbers as noted
Follow the instructions on pages 29-36
- Cut strips of light, intermediate and dark fabrics and sew the striped triangles.
- Cut strips of light, intermediate and dark fabrics and sew the ‘V’ triangles.
- Lay out the ‘V’ triangles and place the striped triangles of the same colors beside them
- Start with a hollow cube and stretch it.
- Put other structures behind it. Practice with all the different shapes that can be made. Fill in with One Block Wonder hexagons if desired.
Loading... Please wait...