- I'M A RETAILER
- Class Plans
- Appliqué Petal Party Class Plan
Appliqué Petal Party Class Plan
by Susan Brubaker Knapp
Appliqué a Bouquet! Rose Wreath Block
- This is a great project for those with some needleturn appliqué experience who want to improve their skills.
- Students will learn how to make smooth circles, sharp points and bias vines while creating the beautiful 12-1/2” Rose Wreath block from the Pink Petal Party quilt.
- Add borders to the block for a small wall hanging or pillow.
- Enjoy a day of relaxing hand work while learning lots of new skills and techniques to improve your appliqué.
- All day class, approximately six hours of work time
- Could be the first in a series of monthly classes, each focusing on a new block in the Pink Petal Party quilt
- Required text: Appliqué Petal Party
- 15” square of palest pink or white fabric (background); 10” squares of five different shades of pink fabric and two different shades of green fabric. Students may also choose a different color scheme
- Medium-weight upholstery vinyl (page 3)
- Ultra-fine tip permanent marker (page 3)
- Masking tape
- Template plastic
- Scissors for cutting template plastic
- Embroidery scissors
- Thread (page 4)
- Appliqué pins
- Appliqué needles (page 3)
- Pressing or bias bars (page 4)
- Mechanical quilters’ chalk pencil in colors that contrast with your fabrics
- Perfect Circles by Karen Kay Buckley (page 3)
- Each student needs good light, comfortable seating, and a small personal workspace on a table
- Classroom needs several irons and ironing boards
Class Outline - Refer to the book for page numbers as noted
- Cut 15” square fabric background for your block
- Make templates and cut out appliqué pieces(page 3)
- Cut and prepare bias strips for vines (page 4)
- Prepare circles and make a positioning overlay (page 3)
- Pin and appliqué pieces to background (page 3-4)
- Square and trim block to desired size
(NOTE: Students will need more than six hours to complete this project, but should be able to prepare the pieces and do some appliqué work in that time.)
Loading... Please wait...